Essentially, there are three ways you can test your home for carbon monoxide. The first is to purchase CO detectors (these generally go for about $15 each), install them throughout the home (especially outside bedrooms), and have them inspected regularly. You can buy them at any home improvement store in Dayton, Ohio. You should also understand the warning signs of CO poisoning and keep every member of your family educated. These include symptoms of headache, weak muscles, nausea, shortness of breath, confusion, dizzy bouts, blurred vision, and loss of consciousness. You should also prevent CO exposure by cleaning your vents, sweeping chimneys, and ensuring furnaces are in top working order.