Not sure what exactly requires the services of an HVAC professional? Here are a few common air conditioning maintenance tasks that should be done by your HVAC technician:
- Ensuring the area around the air intake is free of mold
- Checking for and fixing any air leaks
- Air duct cleaning
- Cleaning the blower housing and blower wheel
- Cleaning dampers
- Cleaning the blower wheel and blower housing
The best time to keep up with air conditioner maintenance is every year before the start of the hot summer months. Waiting until you’re in the midst of summer to think about your air conditioner could leave you in the lurch during the hottest time of year. Be sure to have your air conditioner serviced well before the unit is to be used extensively again.
Taking your own preventative measures will also help extend the life of your air conditioner. This video provides some handy tips on things you should have inspected on your air conditioner every year. Check your air filters monthly and be sure to change or clean them as needed. For HVAC services in the Dayton area, contact the Environmental Doctor. If you’re in need of a new air conditioning system, be sure to check out our current special on Carrier heating and cooling systems. We also offer a wide range of home services including duct cleaning, HVAC tune ups, mold testing, sump pumps and more. Visit our website to learn more or contact us today to discuss your individual needs.
Summer brings with it the need for the cooling comfort provided by your HVAC system. This is especially true when temperatures spike as the season wears on and the risk of heat strokes increase without a cool haven to go to. Most people just take it for granted that they can flip a switch on their thermostat box and the air conditioner will respond perfectly. These are the people who are in for a rude shock when the outdoor temperatures climb into the 90s and they discover that their HVAC system took an unannounced early retirement.
The Importance of Early Inspections
No one wants the discomfort and inconvenience of a faulty HVAC unit. Here is why you should schedule early inspections early in the spring, even if you are relatively sure all is well:
- Early and regular HVAC inspections will keep your unit operating at prime efficiency and help to prevent costly repair or replacement issues.
- As the season wears on and more people begin to have trouble with their units, it can be difficult to find a repair service that isn’t completely booked. Technicians are less busy earlier in the season and are therefore able to offer quicker response times.
- Any problems that may exist with your HVAC unit can be dealt with while the temperatures are still mild. That means when you do flip that switch, you can be sure the unit responds the way it was intended to.
This handy video provides a rundown of what your annual air conditioner inspection should entail. Don’t get caught in the heat of summer without your air conditioning. Call us here at Environmental Doctor to schedule your annual HVAC maintenance. If there are problems, we will tend to them promptly and efficiently. And if all your system needs is a bit of cleaning maintenance, then we can do that too so your cooling bills stay low and your system stays happy. Contact us today.