2 Parents Die of Accidental Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Family Tragedy: Parents Die of Accidental CO Poisoning

Two recent deaths in Missouri serve as tragic examples for the need to have a carbon monoxide detector installed in the home and to be sure that it works.

The AP reported that 44-year-old Lisa Feltrop and 51-year-old Troy Feltrop died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning after a car was left running in an enclosed garage, filling the house with fumes.

Their 14 year old daughter was taken to the hospital and survived.

Police investigation ruled the deaths as accidental.

A Community in Mourning

Helias Catholic High School, where Troy and Lisa’s son, Kyle Feltrop, was a student, posted a message of condolence on their Facebook page following the tragedy: “Our hearts are heavy and prayers are lifted for the tragedy in the Troy, Lisa, Kyle and Savanah Feltrop family. Troy passed away this morning, Lisa and Savanah are hospitalized.” (Lisa died of her injuries two days later).

Sandy Hentges, Helias’ director of communications and admissions, told the News Tribune counselors will be made available for “anyone who needs it.”