A faulty heater in need of repair is to blame for the deaths of 14 dogs at a doggy daycare and boarding facility in Saskatoon, Canada.
Playful Paws Pet Centre, a kennel and pet care facility, posted on its Facebook page news of a terrible tragedy for any family, according to the Huffington Post. A mechanical failure of a rooftop heating unit caused heat to be continuously pushed into the upstairs kennel rooms. The heat reached a point that caused the dogs to die.
The Facility’s Heartfelt Apology
“We are incredibly saddened by this travesty of life and cannot express enough our sympathy to the families of these dogs,” read the post.
It’s a tragedy that could easily happen to any family. It serves as an apt reminder for heater inspection as we approach winter.