Generator’s Carbon Monoxide Kills

The High Cost Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A recent Huffington Post article revealed the tragic fate of the Quasarano family of Fenton Township, Michigan. Upon returning home from a visit to church, the family found that their power had been knocked out by a recent storm. Leonard Quasarano, the family father and husband, hooked up a generator in the basement. Officials later found his body in the basement, and those of other members of the family in different rooms throughout the home.

No carbon monoxide detectors were found, however. This is not a unique statistic though, as the Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that an average of 170 people each year succumb to CO poisoning not related to automobiles.